Monday, January 31, 2011

What Was my Favourite Read in 2010?

You'd think I would've posted this earlier what with all the end of year wrap up lists. Well, it's not the end of January quite yet, so better late than never.

I'm normally not comfortable speaking in superlatives, but one title did stand out for me amongst a long list of good books I read in 2010.

Which one? Fire by Kristin Cashore.
Why? This book gave me the best reading experience of the year. It was the one I couldn't wait to get back to. The one that made me stay up waaaay too late while reading it. The one that took me away from the setting in which I was reading it: a round trip bus ride to Toronto. Nothing like the experience of trying to hide the fact that you're crying on public transit. It was the book's fault--honest!

Looking forward to crying over many more good titles in 2011.


3 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

I think I'll add this to my ever-growing list of books to be read!

LMacL said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely read it! Are you awaiting the big storm too?

Unknown said...

Glad I could be of service. :> Let me know what you think....