Monday, March 22, 2010

Snow Flea Fling

Quick! Before all the snow is gone, I should post my snow flea video. It's nothing spectacular, but these tiny insects fascinate me. And, well, because last year's video didn't work...

This winter these insects appeared to be everywhere. Seemed to me there were more of them than last year.



Here's a great link to more info about these tiny terrific creatures:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/pdc/Factsheets/Insect/Springtails.htm

Hope you flip for these guys too. (Groan, I know.)

3 comments:

LMacL said...

This is amazing. Will have to find out more about these little guys. Thanks so much for posting this video!

LMacL said...

This is amazing. Will have to find out more about these little guys. Thanks so much for posting this video!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it. :>