Friday, January 25, 2008

Have a Fantastic Family Literacy Day

January 27, 2008

Mark that date ’cause it’s Family Literacy Day! Hooray! (Here in Canada anyway) And it’s its tenth anniversary this year. [And yes that’s a rather awkward sentence but I just had to let it stand. Doesn't it seem sorta like the ‘it’ words are facing off against one another, holding their ground firmly, sure of their own purpose, daring the other to back down...? But I digress.]

I'm going to celebrate this worthwhile event. I may have a date with a cold hard seat in a hockey arena but as soon as I’m out of there we’ll be reading.

Find out more about the event and ten ways to celebrate it from the people who bring it to us at www.abc-canada.org/fld.

And Just One More Book has a terrific interview with the President of the ABC Canada Literacy foundation. You’ll find it here.


Read on!

No comments: